Like any good survival experience, crafting and building play a huge part in the Enshrouded gameplay experience. But you can’t do any of that without resources and materials, and Keen Games’ latest title has a lot of them. Here we’ll be listing all Enshrouded resources and how to both get and farm them.
As of 08/02/2024, this Enshrouded resource location article has been updated with a whole bunch of new resource information. Below you can find a basic list as a reference, and further down more detailed overviews of how to get, craft, or farm resources we found difficult or complex to locate or get plentiful supply of. You can also use our interactive map page to more easily locate what we’re talking about.
All Enshrouded Resources
- Amber – North of the Revelwood Spire, in the Enshrouded zone. Requires Scrappy Pickaxe.
- Amonnia Gland – chop down gigantic mushrooms found in the Shroud; defeat four-legged red enemies located in the Kindlewastes.
- Animal Fur – Floor loot
- Bones – Killing wolves
- Bonemeal – Crafted in the Grinding Stones after unlocking the Alchemist. 1 Bone – 2 Bonemeal.
- Charcoal – Dirt + wood logs at the kiln creates charcoal
- Clay – Use a pickaxe in clay deposits. They are an orange-brown color north of the Springlands.
- Coal Powder – Craft charcoal. Also can be found as loot. More detail below.
- Copper Ore – Found in the Central portion of the map in the swampy areas
- Critter parts – Kill critters in shrouded area
- Dirt – Mine the ground using a pickaxe
- Dried Fur – Crafted at the Drying Rack with 1 Animal Fur and 3 Salt after unlocking the Hunter.
- Fired Brick – Make in a Kiln with Clay and Wood Logs in the Kiln.
- Flintstone – Mine shingle rock (looks yellowy) using a pickaxe – will unlock stone shingle block
- Flax – Small Plants with blue flowers found in the central areas of the map.
- Fossilized Bone – Look for large bone remains found in Nomad Highlands and Kindlewastes Desert
- Linen – Need the Hand Spindle and 2 units of Flax
- Metal Scraps – Farmed from killing enemies mostly anywhere, but Rookmore is the first location where it is plentiful (northwest of the Cinder Vault you start from)
- Metal Sheets – Requires Forge, Charcoal + Metal Scraps x2 of each
- Mycelium – Mine at deposits found in shrouded areas – will unlock mycelium overgrown block
- Nails – Made from Metal Scraps (unlocks when find first Metal Scraps)
- Nitrate – Crafted at the Alchemist Lab. Full guide about how to craft and unlock it.
- Obsidian – Pools of black stones hidden within rocky walls. Best locations for farming around the Nomad Highlands Ancient Spire. See below for more detail.
- Plant fiber – Harvest shrubs
- Poison Sacks – From Higher Level creatures killed in the Northern parts of the map.
- Purple Berries – Harvest shrubs
- Raw Meat – Kill wolves or creatures, can be cooked
- Red Mushroom – (Details not provided in the original list)
- Resin – Chopping trees (larger trees provide more tar)
- Salt – Mines and floor loot in towns
- Shroud Core – Can be made by the Alchemist with 10 Shroud Spores and 10 Shroud Liquids.
- Shroud Liquid – Break mushrooms inside the Shroud
- Shroud Sack – Shroud Sacks are dropped by large Blue Flower Enemies and large Red Mushroom Enemies. These are heavily Shrouded areas around the Nomad Highlands and Revelwood
- Shroud Spores – Found in the shroud, used to craft
- Shroud Wood – Chop trees in shrouded area (will unlock spiritual cane alchemist)
- Spark – (Details not provided in the original list)
- Stone – Use a pickaxe to mine
- Straw – Biproduct from harvesting wheat.
- String – Made from plant fiber in crafting menu
- String – Floor loot
- Tar – Made in Charcoal Kiln using Wood Logs and Dirt
- Tin Ore – Mined from deposits; lots around Umbral Hollow
- Torn cloth – Floor loot
- Twigs – Harvest shrubs, chop trees
- Water – Farmed from enemies
- Wax – Dropped from beehives and found inside vases at Spires
- Wood – Destroy any structure made of wood, chop trees (wood logs)
- Wood Acid – Made in Charcoal Kiln using Wood Logs and Dirt
- Yuka (Yucca) Fruit – Kindlewastles deserts
Farming & Crafting Resources Easily
Amber is one of the rarest resources in Enshrouded, and it’s not that easy to get hold of. It’s well worth seeking out, however, because it’s required to upgrade your Flame Altar. Also, Amber is required to craft some of the best equipment in the game.
Before heading out in search of Amber, make sure you’ve upgraded your Flame Altar to Level 3. Without this, you won’t be able to survive in the Shroud, where the Amber can be found.
We’ve found Amber in a few locations near the Revelwood Spire, namely to the north of the Spire, to the northeast and to the east. Gliding from the Revelwood Spire will get you to these locations easily, allowing you to stock up on Amber. Alternatively, you could always place a Flame Altar next to the Amber deposits.
Either way, to farm this precious resource all you really need to do is exit the game and log back in, since the resources will then be reset. In this way, you can farm Amber to your heart’s content.
Bones can be obtained both by defeating enemies and farming them. Early in the game, right after exiting the Cinder Vault and discovering your first Flame Shrine, there’s a bench with a Skeleton on it. Initially, this Skeleton may seem like a mere aesthetic element, but it’s a source of Bones. Destroying this Skeleton yields Bones, indicating that Skeletons throughout the game are an excellent source for farming Bones.
As you progress in Enshrouded, you’ll find that Skeletons, which spawn in various locations, consistently drop Bones when broken. This makes them the best and safest option for acquiring Bones in the game.
Alternatively, players can obtain Bones by defeating Wolves or Boars. However, this method involves actual combat and carries a higher risk compared to the safer method of harvesting Bones from Skeletons.
To unlock Bone Blocks, you must embark on the “Searching for Hidden Tombs” quest, which begins after interacting with the Blacksmith and exploring all his quest options. The quest involves finding and entering a Hidden Tomb located north of the first Ancient Spire, which is accessible via fast travel and easier with a Glider.
The main challenge of the quest is defeating enemies, including spiders, which are best combated using fire magic or a fire-based wand. Upon locating and opening a glowing sarcophagus-like tomb in this area, you will obtain Bone Blocks, enabling you to enhance your base with a unique, thematic design.
Acquire the Alchemist Craftsperson from the Alchemist’s Ancient Vault. This is crucial as the Alchemist is needed to access the crafting station for making Bonemeal. You need to locate the Alchemist’s Ancient Vault, awaken the Alchemist, and transport him back to your base. Once at your base, use a Summoning Staff to provide a home for the Alchemist.
Once the Alchemist is established at your base, interacting with him will grant you access to new quests and a unique crafting station, which you can place anywhere within your base. The next step is to set up the Grinding Stones, which is the essential equipment for crafting Bonemeal.
Crafting Bonemeal is a straightforward process that takes only a few seconds and requires just one ingredient: Bones. To make Bonemeal, go to the Grinding Stones station, choose the Bonemeal recipe, and deposit a quantity of bones into the station’s inventory. The crafting station will then automatically produce the Bonemeal.
The most straightforward method to acquire Coal Powder is through crafting. This involves first crafting Charcoal, which requires a Charcoal Kiln where you add Wood Logs and Dirt. Given that Charcoal is needed in multiple recipes, it’s advisable to produce it in large quantities. To craft Coal Powder, you’ll need five units of Charcoal and a Grinding Stone.
To unlock the Coal Powder recipe, first unlock the Laboratory, essential for completing the final crafter’s quest for the Alchemist. Building the crafting tool requires an Athanor (comprising 10 Glass, 10 Bronze Bars, and 5 Lumps of Clay), 40 Fired Bricks, 10 Copper Bars, and 3 Glass pieces. Completing this setup grants access to four Grinding Stones recipes, including Bonemeal, Flour, Fossilized Bone Dust, and Coal Powder.
Additionally, Coal Powder can be found by looting in the game, though it is rare. It may drop randomly from smashing vases in various locations, including dungeons and the Sun Temple.
To craft resources like Dried Fur in Enshrouded, you first need to undertake a few tasks, including possibly completing a quest. Your initial step is to acquire the Hunter from the Hunter’s Ancient Vault. This may take some time, but once you have the Hunter, you can return to your base to begin crafting.
Upon the Hunter’s arrival at your base, you’ll gain the ability to place a new crafting station called the Drying Rack. This station is essential for creating Dried Fur. However, before you can start crafting, you need to gather the necessary resources.
The key ingredients for crafting Dried Fur are Animal Fur and Salt. You need three stacks of Salt for every piece of Animal Fur. Combining these two materials in the Drying Rack will produce Dried Fur. This crafted item can then be used to create additional items with the Hunter at your base.
Unlocking Linen crafting in Enshrouded involves several steps. First, you must locate and interact with the Hunter NPC, and then complete one of her quests. This involves traveling to the Abandoned Hunter’s Camp in the north, entering a cave, and collecting the Hunter’s Hand Spindle. This area is infested with poisonous spiders, making the task difficult. Using a fire wand is advised as it’s more effective than arrows in dealing with the spiders.
Once you have retrieved the Hand Spindle and returned to your base, you need to talk to the Hunter about her Hand Spindle. After this dialogue, you can place the Hand Spindle in your base to start crafting Linen.
To craft Linen, you need the Hand Spindle and 2 units of Flax. Flax must be collected as part of the crafting process for Linen.
Obsidian Ore is among the rarest resources in Enshrouded. It can be spotted by pools of black stones and may occasionally be hidden within rocky walls, requiring luck to find. The prime locations for farming Obsidian Ore are concentrated around the Nomad Highlands Ancient Spire, offering rich mining spots in three specific areas:
- North-East of the Mining Rift: Here, Obsidian Ore is found under a stone arch, accessible by gliding west from the Ancient Spire. The ore is located near a pool of black stones, underneath the arch close to carts, barrels, and a pool of big mushrooms.
- East of the Nomad Highlands Ancient Spire: This location comprises two nearby spots. The first is atop a mountain on the path to the Sun Temple, near a small hunter camp. Inside a wall at this camp, mining can reveal Limestone and, importantly, Obsidian Ore next to a chest. Further south, another stone arch similar to the first one houses more Obsidian Ore.
Mining Obsidian Ore is a labor-intensive process, requiring numerous pickaxe swings and thus a significant amount of tool durability. To mine more efficiently, players can utilize talents such as Quality Gear (reduces tool durability loss by half), Mason (provides a 30% damage boost against stone), and Miner (offers a 10% chance to gain an additional resource from mining). Equipping a strong pickaxe is also crucial for facilitating the mining process and maximizing resource acquisition from these rare deposits.
Salt is an essential resource, particularly for Hunters and Stealth Builds, as it’s needed to craft a Bow with Arrows. To create Hunter armor, which offers specific advantages for bow users, Dried Fur is required, and this in turn needs a significant amount of Salt.
Finding Salt can be challenging. Initially, it may appear scarce, with only occasional drops from hard-to-reach locations and nodes that don’t frequently respawn resources. The most efficient location for gathering Salt is in the Shroud. Despite the challenges posed by constant attacks from Critters and other enemies, the Shroud is the best place for Salt farming. Here, you can unlock locations of Salt Mines on the map, which are exclusive to this area. These mines offer substantial quantities of Salt, allowing you to collect up to 100 stacks in a short time.
For players who prefer to avoid the dangers of the Shroud, Salt can also be found in vases around important in-game areas, such as Flame Shrines and Ancient Spires. However, these locations provide much smaller quantities compared to the abundant stacks available in the Salt Mines of the Shroud.
To farm Shroud Cores in Elixir Wells, you need to defeat the Shroud bosses, particularly the Fell Thunderbrute boss, who guards the Shroud Roots. This boss respawns daily, making it a reliable source for farming Shroud Cores. Each time you defeat the Fell Thunderbrute, it drops a Shroud Core, its head, a weapon, and sometimes Runes. Farming this boss is beneficial not only for the Shroud Cores but also for the additional items it drops.
For crafting Shroud Cores, first, you must rescue the Alchemist from his Ancient Vault and provide him a home at your base using the Summoning Staff. Once the Alchemist is settled at your base, you can access the crafting menu by speaking with him. In this menu, you can craft a single Shroud Core using 10 Shroud Spores and 10 Shroud Liquid. This method is the easiest way to acquire Shroud Cores.
In Enshrouded, obtaining straw is tied to harvesting another resource, making it a bit more challenging to acquire compared to standard materials. Straw, along with wheat seeds, is collected as a byproduct when harvesting wheat, which is found exclusively at the Bounty Barn located in the eastern end of the Umbral Hollow, south of the Nomad Ancient Spire. Initially, accessing the Bounty Barn to collect straw and wheat requires overcoming several challenges and enhancing your character’s abilities with Enshrouded’s sparks.
To farm straw, either revisit Bounty Barn by setting up a Flame Altar nearby for easy return trips or cultivate wheat at their own base using wheat seeds, water, and fossilized bone dust in a seedbed. Fossilized bone dust can be obtained from any large bone with a pickaxe, such as the giant ribcage west of the Nomad Spire. The primary use of straw in Enshrouded is for crafting beehives, which are valuable for the honey they produce, aiding in stamina regeneration.
Tar is produced in the Charcoal Kiln, which becomes available after unlocking the Blacksmith. Once you’ve acquired a Kiln, you’ll need the following ingredients to produce it:
- Required materials: 30 Wood Logs and 6 Dirt.
- Production time: 6 minutes for 20 tar.
You can queue more tar production by adding more materials.
Other ways to get Tar in Enshrouded:
- Cooking Food: Cooking food longer than necessary on a campfire or fireplace can yield tar. If food is left in the fire beyond cooking, it turns into tar. The article suggests using mushrooms from Embervale for this purpose as they are abundant and less valuable.
- Collecting from Campfires: Tar can also be collected from extinguished campfires. Each burnt-out campfire yields one piece of tar. Campfires can be made with two wood and extinguished by attacking them, such as with a wand.
Tin Ore is found in the Nomad Highlands, particularly in dangerous areas like the Shroud around Umbral Hollow and the Mining Pit in the northwest, marked by the Fortification POI from the Capital City.
Other Tin ore deposits are around the Umbral Hollow, marked on the map with red Xs or lines.
A large mining site with many Tin Ore clumps is located at the northwestern point of the Nomad Highlands, near the Highland Tower fast travel point.
The best farming route starts from the Nomad Highland Tower, heading northwest into a cave with the Shroud Root. After clearing it, Tin Ore can be mined at the back. From there, traveling westward from the cave leads to a large mining pit with lots of Tin and Copper ore.
While it’s possible to obtain Twigs by chopping down trees, this method is inefficient, consuming both time and the durability of your Axe for a minimal yield of one or two Twigs per tree.
There are three alternative methods for sourcing Twigs in “Enshrouded,” which are more efficient than chopping down trees:
- The first method involves collecting Twigs from bushes and random foliage around Embervale. This might seem counterintuitive as bushes are typically associated with Plant Fiber, but they actually provide multiple types of drops. The key is in selecting the right kind of bushes.
- Smaller bushes covered in leaves are a good source of Twigs. They have the advantage of not requiring tools for collection, meaning there’s no durability loss involved.
- The most effective method for farming Twigs is to look for dead-looking bushes that lack leaves. These specific bushes yield Twigs more efficiently and in greater quantities than the other methods.
Overall, these alternative methods of collecting Twigs are more resource-efficient and less time-consuming compared to chopping down trees.
Wax is primarily found in Beehives, along with Honey. These Beehives are most commonly found in low-level areas of the map, where enemies range from levels 1-5. They are a reliable and farmable source for Wax.
Additionally, if you followed the tutorial’s instructions and placed your initial Flame Altar at the suggested location, you’ve inadvertently set up an efficient Wax farming system. Resources in this area respawn nightly, making them easily collectible daily. Around this base location, numerous trees spawn Beehives. If you don’t immediately collect from these Beehives, they will continue to produce, stacking in the trees around your base. This can result in the collection of 2-3 Wax per tree.
For players who haven’t based themselves near these areas, there is an alternative method to find Wax. Around Flame Shrines or Ancient Spires, you’ll find vases. Breaking these vases often yields not only Wax but also Salt and Bone, making them a valuable resource location.
Wood Planks are useful for upgrading chests to a medium size, accommodating an increasing resource collection. These planks are crafted exclusively at the Table Saw, which requires completion of specific prerequisite quests given by the Carpenter NPC.
To access the Table Saw:
- Find the Carpenter NPC at the Carpenter Vault, southeast of the spawn area.
- Complete quests that lead to the Carpenter NPC.
- Undertake a quest from the Carpenter to retrieve Circular Saw Blades from Thornhold, a location with level 13 enemies. This may necessitate leveling up skills, armor, and weapons.
- After clearing Thornhold’s first area, proceed to another fort to find the Saw Blades in a wagon.
Yucca Fruit is an essential advanced material found in the Kindlewastles deserts, necessary for upgrading the flame altar and used in various advanced recipes for robust bonuses. To access and survive in this area, players need flame level 5 due to the enshrouded fog. Utilizing higher-grade tools, like copper axes, can expedite the harvesting process, allowing for quicker cutting of the large “v”-shaped yucca trees found around the Ancient Spire Kindlewastes Fast Travel point. The green, long-bodied Yucca Fruit is not only a critical resource but also an edible item that, when cooked, serves as an excellent source of stamina recharge.
That wraps up our list of the Enshrouded resource locations that we’ve found so far and where we found them. We’ll be keeping it updated as we progress through more of the game. If you’re just starting your adventures in Embervale, check out our beginners tips and tricks guide for some pointers. And if you want to get around in style, we’ve detailed how to craft a grappling hook and how to get gliders in the game.