By comparison to the likes of Skyrim and Fallout 4, Bethesda’s latest RPG doesn’t actually suffer the typical jank and bugs associated with its predecessors. However, no game is without its glitches, and Starfield is ultimately no exception. One glitch that has been plaguing gamers is the “Into the Unknown” quest bug. Here we’ll explain how to fix it.
Before we delve into how to fix the Into the Unknown bug, it’s worth reminding ourselves what the issue is, to begin with. There are two primary issues associated with this Starfield bug:
- Some players find that the landing point for the quest on the designated planet is missing, making it impossible to proceed to the quest location.
- In other instances, the “Into the Unknown” quest doesn’t appear in the players’ quest list at all.
While these issues might seem unrelated, they share common solutions, which we’ll explore in the following sections.
How to Fix Starfield “Into the Unknown” Bug
Here’s a breakdown of the options to resolve the issue. We’ve found that either one or a combination of these has sorted the problem for us:
- Visit Other Planets – A straightforward solution to the “Into the Unknown” issue involves visiting other planets or systems. Once you’re done exploring, return to the quest location and see if the problem persists.
- Do Side Quests or Activities -Taking a break from the main story to complete side quests or engage in other in-game activities can sometimes resolve the issue. These activities could include trading, collecting materials, or traveling.
- Restart – A tried and tested method for dealing with most game glitches, restarting your game can sometimes be all you need to fix the bug.
- Check Mod Installs – If you’re using mods, they could be the source of the problem. Try disabling or deleting them and run the game in its base version to see if the issue is resolved.
- Load an Earlier Save – Loading a previous save and replaying part of the game can also fix the bug. If this fails, you should verify your game files.
- Use a Console Command – If all else fails, use the console command
setstage 000160A9 600to automatically complete the “Into the Unknown” quest. However, this should be a last resort as it will cause you to miss out on part of the game’s story.
Keep in mind that Bethesda is known for its commitment to improving the gaming experience, and it’s likely that this bug will be addressed in upcoming patches. In the meantime, there’s plenty of side content to keep you occupied.
Hopefully, this over of how to fix the Into the Unknown Starfield bug has been helpful.