The process of leveling your weapons and equipment is obviously a big part of Diablo 4 experience. Aspects, in particular, offer distinctive and potent traits to non-legendary gear. However, given that Aspects constitute a completely novel system in the game, many players find themselves wondering what on earth they actually do.
Indeed, with over a hundred Aspects available, categorized into defensive, offensive, resource, utility, and mobility types, some being exclusive to specific classes while others are applicable across all classes, we have prepared a concise guide elucidating the process of imprinting Aspects in Diablo 4.
How to Get and Imprint Aspects in Diablo 4
To imprint Aspects onto your gear in Diablo 4, you can visit any Occultist in the game once you reach Level 25 or obtain the Codex of Power. Here is a step-by-step guide on acquiring and imprinting Aspects:
- Obtain the Codex of Power by completing a dungeon. Hover over a dungeon on the map to identify the specific Codex of Power it unlocks. Upon successfully finishing the dungeon, you will receive a corresponding Aspect.
- Another method of obtaining Aspects is by extracting them from Legendary gear. Legendary gear can be obtained as drops from bosses or chests. Take the acquired Legendary gear to an Occultist, who will extract the Aspect from it. Be aware that the extraction process will permanently destroy the Legendary item.
- Check the Aspects you currently possess by opening the ‘Collections’ tab or pressing the designated key (Y) in the game.
- Visit an Occultist and select the gear to which you wish to imprint an Aspect. Simply open your inventory and click on the desired gear.
- Choose the Aspect you want to imprint onto the gear. Select the desired Aspect from either your Codex of Power or inventory.
- Locate the Imprint Aspect button positioned at the bottom of the screen. Press this button to finalize the imprinting process. Please note that this process requires both gold and Veiled Crystals.
- Upon completing the imprinting of the Aspect, you will receive a new and formidable legendary weapon, enriched with the power of the Aspect.
So that wraps it up. By following these steps, you will acquire Aspects and seamlessly imprint them onto your gear in Diablo 4. This process serves to elevate your character’s prowess, bestowing them with enhanced abilities and utility. With the infusion of Aspects, your non-legendary gear will ascend to Legendary status, endowed with unique buffs. These transformative additions can often prove to be pivotal game-changers, significantly influencing the trajectory of your chosen class build.