For newcomers looking to understand how to bind and utilize skills in Diablo 4, you’re in the right place. In Diablo 4, it is possible to assign all your skills, with the exception of passive skills found in Paragon and Skill Tree, to the hotbar.
Familiarizing yourself with this process is crucial to ensure you optimize your skillset when creating your character build.
Bind Skills in Diablo 4 Explained
To assign your skills to the skill bar in Diablo 4, the procedure is relatively quick and straightforward. Once you have acquired an active skill by investing a skill point, the subsequent steps are as follows:
Assigning skills on PC:
- Begin by opening the Skill Tree menu, which can be promptly accessed by pressing the ‘A’ key on your keyboard. Here, you will find a comprehensive display of all the available skills that can be activated.
- Once you have selected the desired skills, navigate to the Skill Assignment section. You can access this section conveniently by pressing the ‘S’ key on your keyboard. Here, you will find an overview of all the skills you have unlocked.
- Subsequently, you can effortlessly drag and drop the selected skill into an empty slot on your hotbar. Each class in Diablo 4 allows for a maximum of six slots, allowing you to allocate the skills of your choice accordingly.
Assigning skills on console:
- Start by accessing your Skill Tree to activate your desired skills.
- Upon activating your skills, press the corresponding button prompt located in the bottom left corner to summon the Skill Assignment menu. On PlayStation, you can open this menu by pressing L3 or the designated button.
- From there, use the left stick to navigate and drag the active skills onto your hotbar. This will enable you to employ your skills seamlessly during gameplay.
Should you wish to modify the skill controls, you can navigate to the settings menu and bind new keys to your skill bar in Diablo 4. This option can be found under the “Gameplay” tab, specifically labeled as Skill Slot 1, 2, 3, 4, Core Skill Slot, and Basic Skill Slot.
It is important to bear in mind that skill points must be expended to activate these skills. You earn one skill point per level, or you can acquire additional skill points by increasing your Renown on the Region Progress page.
We hope this guide has provided you with a comprehensive understanding of how to equip, bind, and employ skills in Diablo 4.