If you’re struggling to find your Palworld save file location just as we did, then we’ve got you covered. After playing around a bit we’ve found where it’s kept and will now walk you through the process of finding it on PC, Xbox, and Linux.
Where the Palworld Save File Is on PC
The Palworld save files are typically located on your PC at the following address:
You’ll find the SaveGames folder housing another folder with your unique Steam 64-bit ID. This folder contains your specific save files, arranged according to the profiles you’ve created. It’s a smart move to back up the entire SaveGames folder to avoid any potential data loss.
Using Windows Run for Quick Access
Windows Run can serve as a quick shortcut to reach this location. Here’s how to access it:
- Open Windows Run by pressing the Windows + R keys together or by searching it in Windows Search.
- Enter the following address, replacing “YOUR USERNAME” with your actual username, and press OK:
Doing this will instantly take you to the desired save file location.
Enabling Steam Cloud for Palworld
Despite having local backups, it’s always beneficial to have cloud backups as well. This becomes particularly important for Palworld, considering its extensive gameplay. Here’s how you can enable Steam Cloud for Palworld:
- Open the Steam client and go to ‘Steam’ in the top-left corner.
- Click on ‘Settings’ and select ‘Cloud’.
- Check the box next to ‘Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it’.
Palworld Save File Location on Xbox Game Pass
For those playing Palworld via Xbox Game Pass, the save files are located in a different location. Here’s the step-by-step guide to find them:
- Open Windows Explorer and click the Local Disk C: directory.
- Navigate to Users > your username > AppData.
- If the AppData folder isn’t visible, go to the View tab at the top and check the box next to Hidden Items.
- Inside AppData, look for the Packages folder and open it.
- Find a folder named PocketpairInc.Palworld_ad4psfrxyesvt and open it.
- From this folder, navigate to the SystemAppData folder and then to the wgs folder. This folder contains all the save files for Palworld’s Game Pass version.
Alternatively, you can directly paste the following into the Windows Explorer address bar for quick access:
Ensure to replace “” with your actual username before pressing Enter.
Palworld Save File Location for Linux Servers
For Linux servers using SteamCMD, the save file location is a bit different. Here’s where you can find it:
Moving Save Files Across Servers
While moving the world from one dedicated server to another, allow the target server to create a new save folder first. Only then should you overwrite the contents with the old save files. This approach ensures the world and all its elements are transferred seamlessly.
Solving the Character Save Dilemma
Often when hosting a world for other people, the server creates new player saves, leaving the host’s character save behind. To solve this, there’s a “Players” folder in the Save folder. Each player has its own “.sav” file. The host player save file is usually named “00000000000000000000000000000001.sav”. However, on a dedicated server, it might be different.
The best way to find your “.sav” file name on a dedicated server is to create a new character and see which “.sav” file was created. Use that ID with your “00000000000000000000000000000001.sav” file to restore your character save. This process is typically required only for the original world host save. Other player sav files should work perfectly fine when moving to a dedicated server.
That wraps up our detailed over of where your Palworld save file location is across PC, Xbox, or Linux servers.