Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3) is one insanely deep and complex RPG, filled with intricate systems, challenges, and quests. Although the game is designed to be experienced without any enhancements, the sheer number of possibilities in the game understandably has many players wanting to experiment. Cheats are a perfect way to explore the game. So, here we’ll explain all BG3 cheats and how to install the necessary cheat engine to get them working.
How BG3 Cheats Work, Explained
In BG3, cheats are modifications that enable players to modify various aspects of the game, such as character stats, gold count, or experience points. These modifications are made possible through third-party programs, mods, and cheat engines.
Since they aren’t organically woven into the base game, cheat Engines and mods are the primary tools used to activate cheats in BG3. They are third-party programs that, once installed and configured, allow you to alter various aspects of the game.
- Cheat Engine – Cheat Engine is a potent tool that works by hooking into the game’s code, scanning for changes in memory values when an action like leveling up or earning gold is performed. Once the corresponding figure is isolated, you can alter it to your advantage.
- Mods – Mods, on the other hand, can be downloaded from platforms such as Nexus Mods, offering an array of cheats ranging from overpowered items to stat boosts and new spells.
Installing Cheat Engine for BG3 Cheats
To get BG3 cheats up and running, you’ll need to install Cheat Engine and configure it correctly. But before we delve into the steps, it’s essential to note that using Cheat Engine comes with potential risks. Therefore, always backup your game saves before proceeding.
Step-by-step Guide to Installing Cheat Engine
Here’s a quick walkthrough on how to install and configure Cheat Engine for BG3, using an item spawn as an example of how to get an item to appear in your inventory:
- Visit the website: Fearless Revolution.
- Download and install the latest version of Cheat Engine (version 7.5 at the moment).
- Download the latest cheat table from the website.
- Double-click on the downloaded ‘bg3.ct’ file to start Cheat Engine.
- Start the game ‘Baldur’s Gate 3’ and load your saved game.
- Switch to Cheat Engine and click on the symbol under the ‘File’ menu. Choose the ‘Baldur’s Gate 3’ process. If a prompt appears, press ‘Yes’.
- At the bottom of the Cheat Engine, you’ll find cheat options. Scroll down and click on the checkbox next to ‘Console Commands’.
- New options will appear. Repeat the process with ‘Register Commands’, and more options will open.
- Click on the checkbox next to ‘Item Spawner’.
- On a separate page, search for item UUIDs. Click on the UUIDs and use ‘Ctrl+F’ to find your desired item name. Copy the UUID of the item (it looks something like this: dd905194-9a67-4c61-b26d-5b4da4725cde).
- In Cheat Engine, right-click on ‘Spawn Hand Crossbow +2’ and select ‘Change Script’.
- In the script, replace the existing item UUID with the one you copied. Press ‘OK’.
- Finally, click on the checkbox on the left of the item in Cheat Engine. If a red ‘X’ appears, the item will spawn in your inventory. Click again to uncheck the box if you want to spawn another item.
Remember, you will need to find or make your cheat table to use Cheat Engine. You can also just copy/paste the latest one from Fearless Revolution.
All Cheat Engine Commands
– Rest Anywhere
– Add Gold
– Add Experience
– Respec Character
– Max Ability Stats
– Extra Max Health
– Extra Armor
– Add All Resistance
– Immune to Status Effects
– Super Jump
– Unlimited Movement
– Unlimited Action Points
– Unlimited Spell Slots
– Unlimited Warlock Spell Slots
– Unlimited Sorcery Points
– Increase Carry Capacity
– Add Permanent Tags to Player: Pet Pal, Comprehend Languages, Detect Thoughts, Hermit, Urchin
– Add Spells
– Dark Vision
– Toggle Fog of War
– Object Spawner (equipment, items, scenery, walls, etc.)
– Companion Attitude
– Companion Approval
Using Mods for BG3 Cheats
Another simple way to enable cheats in Baldur’s Gate 3 is by using mods. Head over to NexusMods, where you will find a list of Baldur’s Gate 3 cheats. Be mindful that the cheat you download should be compatible with the current version of the game.
Steps to Install Mods
Here’s a guide on how to install mods for BG3:
- Download the desired cheat mod from NexusMods.
- Check the mod for specific installation instructions.
- Typically, you’ll need to drag the downloaded file into a new folder within your Baldur’s Gate 3 installation directory.
Remember, each cheat may have a different method of installation, so always check the instructions.
Are There Console Commands in BG3?
While BG3 currently does not support console commands, earlier Larian titles did allow players to activate cheat codes using console commands. If Larian enables Divinity Engine 4.0 support for BG3 in the future, players might be able to use similar console commands.
While BG3 cheats can add a new dimension to your gaming experience, they come with potential risks. Always back up your Baldur’s Gate 3 saves before using cheats.