One-Armed Robber is a free-to-play indie heist game known for its tense but often amusing gameplay. For those who prefer a stealthy approach, you’ll want to check in a guard’s phone to prevent alarms. Here, we’ll walk you through the process of successfully checking in a guard’s phone in One-Armed Robber to maintain your stealth and complete your heist without disruptions.
Check-in a Guard Phone in One Armed Robber, Explained
To check in a guard’s phone in One-Armed Robber is quite simple, but the game doesn’t do a great job of explaining it. When you take down some guards in a heist, their phone will be dropped and a counter will start on it. If it reaches 0, the alarm will be triggered and the heist is busted.
To prevent this from happening, follow these steps and then you’ll be good to go:
- Eliminate the Guard Quietly:
- Begin by discreetly incapacitating a guard without alerting others. You can achieve this through stealth takedowns or by using silent weapons to avoid making noise.
- Pick Up the Guard’s Phone:
- Once you’ve subdued the guard, locate and swiftly pick up their dropped phone. Speed is crucial to prevent the alarm timer from expiring.
- Find the Check-In Point:
- Look for the nearest check-in point on the wall. The game typically highlights the closest one for you after picking up the guard’s phone. This point is where you’ll disable the alarm.
- Keep the Phone Close to the Check-In Point:
- Position the guard’s phone close to the designated check-in point on the wall. Keep it in proximity until the phone turns black, indicating a successful alarm disablement.
- Continue the Heist:
- With the guard’s phone checked in and the alarm disabled, you’re now free to proceed with your heist without the risk of triggering an alarm.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the timer on the phone will be halted, allowing you to continue your heist. However, it’s crucial to remember that you must also disable all nearby cameras to avoid detection while checking in the phone; otherwise, they could trigger the alarm. Additionally, be aware that other guards may also possess phones that require checking in to maintain your mission’s stealth.
Keep in mind that speed is of the essence during this process, as you have only a limited time to complete the check-in. You should ensure that nearby security cameras are turned off to avoid detection while checking in the guard’s phone.
And be aware that different missions may feature varied check-in point locations. Some might be conveniently located near the guard, while others could require you to unlock doors to access them.
Unlocking the Stealth Tutorial
It’s worth noting that One-Armed Robber has a stealth tutorial, which is useful for brushing up your skills. To access it, follow these steps:
- Click on “More” in the right corner of the screen.
- Locate the “Tutorials” button and click on it.
- Select the stealth tutorial option, which will help you practice quieter techniques for your heists.
So there you have it; mastering the art of checking in a guard’s phone is definitely worth learning for a stealthy heist in One-Armed Robber.