Gasoline is a resource you’ll need in abundance in ARK: Survival Ascended. It’s a fuel source for numerous devices and structures, integral for operating machinery such as the Fabricator, Industrial Forge, Chemistry Benches, Electrical Generators, and more. Here’s how to get/craft Gasoline in Survival Ascended, and how long each burn time is when used as fuel for those aforementioned machinery.
Getting Gasoline in ARK Survival Ascended, Explained
In ARK: Survival Ascended, Gasoline can be crafted using two distinct methods. Both methods have their prerequisites, so let’s run through both:
Utilizing Hide and Oil to Get Gasoline
The first method involves gathering two key ingredients:
- Hide: An animal-derived resource, Hide can be procured from most dinosaurs and mammals in the game. Tools like chainsaws, hatchets, or pickaxes can be employed to harvest Hide.
- Oil: This resource can be found in oil deposits scattered across the Ark map or harvested from Basilosaurus, Leeches, and Trilobites after defeating them.
To create Gasoline using this method, place five Hides and six Oil into a Refining Forge or an Industrial Forge. After approximately 30 seconds, these ingredients will yield Gasoline.
Hide and Oil can be obtained in several ways by exploring the map, defeating creatures, and gathering from special nodes.
Oil can be found in various locations and sources in Ark: Survival Ascended. Here are some of the ways to gather Oil:
- Underwater Rocks: These rocks, found in oceans and lakes, contain Oil nodes.
- Snow Area Rocks: Maps like Extinction DLC or the Island have broad snowy areas where oil rocks spawn.
- Hesperornis Egg: These eggs can be transformed into Oil using a Cooking Pot or Industrial Cooker.
- Oil Veins: Found in the deserts of the Scorched Earth DLC, oil veins are a rich source of Oil.
- Defeating Creatures: Certain creatures, like Basilosaurus, Trilobite, and Leech, drop Oil upon defeat.
- Taming Creatures: Some creatures, such as the Dung Beetle, Tusoteuthis, and Basilosaurus, produce Oil when fed specific items.
Hide is an animal-derived resource and can be collected from hunting animals such as the Parasaur, Dodo, or Trike. Using a Metal Hatchet can increase the yield of Hide.
Using Congealed Gas Balls and Green Gems to Get Gasoline
An alternate way to craft Gasoline involves the use of 20 Congealed Gas Balls and 20 Green Gems or Fragmented Green Gems. You can procure Congealed Gas Balls by heating Condensed Gas in a Refining Forge. Green Gems, on the other hand, need to be mined from green crystal formations found across the map.
To use this method, place the Congealed Gas Balls and Green Gems (or Fragmented Green Gems) into a Chemistry Bench. However, this method can only be employed if you have learned the Gas Collector Engram.
Once you’ve gathered the necessary ingredients, it’s time to start the crafting process. The crafting process varies slightly depending on the methods and structures used.
Crafting in a Refining Forge or Industrial Forge
The Refining Forge and Industrial Forge can both be used to craft Gasoline. The Refining Forge unlocks at level 20, while the Industrial Forge becomes available at level 80. Both structures follow the same process:
- Place the Hide and Oil or Congealed Gas Balls and Green Gems in the structure’s inventory.
- Initiate the refining process. This process takes some time, so patience is key.
The Industrial Forge, due to its increased capacity, can produce up to 100 Gasoline in one go, provided you have all the required materials.
Crafting in a Chemistry Bench
The Chemistry Bench is used exclusively for the second method of Gasoline production. This structure unlocks at level 82 and requires the Gas Collector Engram to produce Gasoline.
- Place the Congealed Gas Balls and Green Gems (or Fragmented Green Gems) in the Chemistry Bench’s inventory.
- Initiate the crafting process.
Alternative Gasoline Sources: Using DLC Creatures
In addition to the traditional crafting methods, ARK: Survival Ascended also offers unique ways to produce Gasoline through the use of DLC creatures.
- Phoenix: Available in the Scorched Earth DLC, the Phoenix can produce Gasoline when fed Raw Meat.
- Magmasaur: Found in the Genesis: Part 1 DLC, the Magmasaur can produce Gasoline by consuming Coal.
Utilizing Gasoline in Ark: Survival Ascended
Gasoline is used to power a variety of different equipment in ARK: Survival Ascended. Here is a list of structures that require Gasoline and the duration each uses a single Gasoline unit:
|How Long it Burns For
That wraps up everything gasoline in ARK Survival Ascended. You can find plenty more useful coverage of the game on We Game Daily, including our comprehensive starter guide.