Cyberpunk 2077 is once again captivating players with its immersive open world and engaging storyline thanks to the Phantom Liberty update. However, a pesky old issue is back. Some players have encountered a frustrating issue known as the screen glitch effect. This glitch, which occurs during the “Automatic Love” quest, causes the screen to flicker and distort, making it difficult to progress in the game. Here, we’ll explore different methods to fix the screen glitch effect in Cyberpunk 2077 and get back to enjoying the game without any hindrances.
Automatic Love Quest and Fixing the Screen Glitch Effect
The “Automatic Love” quest is a crucial part of the Cyberpunk 2077 storyline, where players must meet Judy in Lizzie’s Bar to discuss Evelyn. During this quest, players will engage in dialogues and uncover important story details. However, it is during the conversation with Johnny that the screen glitch effect occurs, resulting in flickering and visual distortion.
Reloading the Save and Avoiding a Dialogue Option
One of the most effective ways to resolve the screen glitch effect is by reloading a previous save and avoiding a specific dialogue option. Follow these steps:
- Reload your saved file: Before entering the elevator and starting the conversation with Johnny, load a save file from before this point. It is crucial to start the conversation with Johnny without any prior glitches.
- Do not choose the specific dialogue option: When interacting with Johnny, make sure to avoid selecting the dialogue option that says, “F***ed in the head worse than me.” This particular choice triggers the screen glitch effect and prevents it from resolving itself.
By following these steps, you can prevent the screen glitch effect from occurring and continue playing Cyberpunk 2077 without any disruptions.
Other Ways to Fix the Screen Glitch Effect in Cyberpunk 2077
While the reloading method mentioned above has proven to be effective for many players, some have reported that it did not resolve the issue for them. In such cases, here are some additional methods you can try:
- Restart the game: Completely exit the game and relaunch it. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor glitches and restore the game to its normal state.
- Dying and respawning: In some instances, dying in the game and respawning at a checkpoint can resolve the screen glitch effect. This method is worth attempting if other solutions have not yielded positive results.
- Sleeping in V’s apartment: Find a bed in V’s apartment and interact with it to sleep. Resting can sometimes reset certain game mechanics and eliminate glitches.
- Override the screen effect by getting drunk: Consume alcoholic beverages in the game until your character becomes intoxicated. This may override the screen glitch effect and restore normal visuals.
It’s important to note that these methods may not work for every player, as the screen glitch effect can be caused by various underlying factors. CD Projekt Red is aware of the issue and actively working on a fix, so stay tuned for future updates and patches that address this bug.
Since its release, Cyberpunk 2077 has undergone significant updates and patches to address various bugs and glitches. CD Projekt Red has been diligent in improving the game’s performance and overall player experience. The developers have shown a commitment to fixing issues and have earned praise for their dedication to delivering an enhanced gaming experience.
The screen glitch effect in Cyberpunk 2077 can be frustrating and disruptive to gameplay. However, by following the steps outlined in this guide, you should be able to resolve this issue and continue your adventure in Night City without any visual hindrances.
Remember to reload your save, avoid the specific dialogue option, and try additional troubleshooting methods if necessary. CD Projekt Red’s ongoing efforts to improve the game ensure that players can fully immerse themselves in the captivating world of Cyberpunk 2077.